Jacobus Hornsteiner By Scherl & Roth, 1969. 16.”
A commercial line first designed and made by the Ernst Heinrich Shop in Erlangen (Bubenruth) Germany in 1954, shortly after they relocated and recouped from WWII, and specifically to gain contracts with the American school systems as direct competition to the Juzek firm. This 16” viola was made in 1969, completed in the American Roth shop, Scherl & Roth. There were three grades of these instruments, quality student works which became a staple in our education system.